– To hear more episodes about finding hope this Christmas, go back and listen to Kristy’s conversations with Yuliya, Yves, and Dania: three people who received Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes as kids and are now giving back.
This week in honor of Veterans Day, we are introducing you to Samaritan’s Purse staff members who have also served in the U.S. military—taking you around the ministry to hear the stories of men and women who bravely served and are now giving their talents to help in Jesus’ Name. In today’s episode, Kristy talks with these veterans about their time in the service, their calling to Samaritan’s Purse, and how they’re continuing to grow in faith and surrender to God.
On October 15, Samaritan’s Purse airlifted a 28-bed Emergency Field Hospital to the Bahamas—along with doctors, nurses, and supplies—to help combat the island’s second wave of COVID-19. Overwhelmed with coronavirus patients, Nassau’s Princess Margaret Hospital was filled to capacity and desperate for space. The Prime Minister, who was familiar with the ministry’s work after Hurricane Dorian of September 2019, called Samaritan’s Purse for additional support.
– Samaritan’s Purse is still fighting COVID-19 by setting up another Emergency Field Hospital in the Bahamas. Find more information here.
Since the beginning of Samaritan’s Purse in 1970, prayer and dependence on God has always been the solid foundation of the ministry. In this special podcast episode, Kristy Graham looks back at the ways staff and volunteers have seen God answer individual and corporate prayers.
– Read more stories from each of our U.S. Disaster Relief sites here.
– Do you want to know more about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Learn more about having peace with God.
Samaritan’s Purse is deployed to seven disaster response sites across the U.S. to bring help in Jesus’ Name. From sifting through ashes in California to mudding out homes in Louisiana, volunteers are serving as the hands and feet of Christ.
Thank you for supporting and listening to the On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse podcast for one year! In this bonus episode, Kristy Graham sits down with Melissa Strickland, a podcast team member, to reflect on God’s faithfulness through the past year of the podcast.
– One of our podcast guests, Grace Wright, gives a video tour– showing a new church that Samaritan’s Purse helped build in the country.
– Take a look at our Instagram to get a behind-the-scenes look of the making of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse.
Since the end of 2019, Bolivians have faced compounding turmoil and hardship. From civil unrest to devastating coronavirus difficulties, the country is desperate for hope. Today’s episode begins with a reminder that God is present in every time of need. While Bolivia is going through enormous hardship, Samaritan’s Purse is striving to bring spiritual and physical healing.