– Follow us on Instagram to take a look behind the scenes of the On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse podcast! This week, you’ll find photos of Grace, Anna and Bethany’s families, as well as the mothers they encounter in their communities.
– Learn more about how Samaritan’s Purse comes alongside mothers around the world by visiting our website: www.samaritanspurse.org.
– Read this compelling story from Colombia to learn how Samaritan’s Purse is helping mothers who are bravely fighting to give their children the very best.
Happy Mother’s Day from On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse!
In this empowering episode, Kristy Graham visits with three mothers serving with Samaritan’s Purse around the world. United by motherhood, each of these women share how God is continually using them in the lives of their children and their local communities.
Kristy speaks with Grace Nganga who serves with Samaritan’s Purse in Niger, Bethany Gilley who supports her husband through Post-Residency in Honduras, and Anna Zatsepina who serves with the ministry in Cambodia. Although each mom serves in different capacities with different challenges, they all face similar joys and trials through motherhood.
Grace, Bethany, and Anna share how they are individually impacted by the mothers in their communities. Their dedication to sharing His love with women in their sphere of influence has allowed them a front-row seat to see how He’s working in their own neighborhoods.
“Being overseas and engaging in this work, I see the incredible fortitude of women,” Anna told Kristy. “More than anytime else, I’ve realized I’m not alone and the least I can do is fight together with these women—empowering them spiritually, physically, and economically to be able to provide for their children.”
Worldwide, all mothers want the best for their children. Samaritan’s Purse has the privilege of walking alongside them and meeting their physical and spiritual needs. From establishing mobile medical clinics in Niger to preventing labor trafficking in Cambodia, the ministry is continuing to look for ways to partner with moms to best support their children.
Throughout the episode, Kristy heard how the mothers serving with Samaritan’s Purse sacrificed the comforts of their home to serve other women and their babies across the globe. Their Christ-like selflessness has equipped and inspired them to share this vision with their own children—leaning on God’s grace to live in the balance.
“I’ve realized that motherhood unites us all,” Grace shared with Kristy. “We just want the best for our children. No matter where you are or what you have, you just want the best for your child.”
The episode concludes with prayer requests from Anna, Bethany, and Grace. This Mother’s Day, we’re grateful for your partnership as we honor, thank, and pray for moms around the world.
– Psalm 127:3, “Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward.”
– Matthew 6:33, “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided to you.”
– Deuteronomy 6:4-7, “‘Hear, Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. And you shall repeat them diligently to your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house, when you walk on the road, when you lie down, and when you get up.'”
– Daniel 11:32, “And by smooth words he will turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will be strong and take action.”
*All NASB Translation