Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
– Learn more about opportunities for medical professionals to serve overseas with World Medical Mission.
– Is God calling you to a career in medical missions? Find out more about the Post-Residency Program.
– Read how Samaritan’s Purse is ‘Sending New Doctors to the Mission Field.‘
– What’s it like to experience day in the life of a Post-Residency doctor? Watch ‘Answering God’s Call to Medical Missions.‘
- Samaritan's Purse provides logistical and spiritual support to doctors in the Post-Residency Program as they serve alongside career medical missionaries.
- In "From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals," learn why Dr. Travis Harris and his family are choosing to serve in Kapsowar, Kenya.
- "We don't always know the steps we're going to be taking, but the Lord will direct our steps to where we should go, what to do when we arrive, and on and on." -Dr. Richard Furman, "From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals"
- Samaritan's Purse has accepted 201 physicians and dentists to the Post-Residency Program thus far.
- "When you give yourself over to the Lord completely, it's the most amazing thing. The Gospel invites us to make that decision every time we read it." - Dr. Jared Criswell, "From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals"
- Since 2004, Samaritan's Purse has sent 15 cohorts of Post-Resident doctors to provide help to hospitals and clinics around the world.
- Tune in to "From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals " to hear how Samaritan's Purse is sending doctors around the world.
- Dr. Richard Furman (right) talks with Kristy Graham in "From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals" about how World Medical Mission, a project of Samaritan's Purse, began in 1977.
- Dr. Daniel Galat served in the Samaritan's Purse Post-Residency Program from 2008-2010, and continued his career at remote mission hospitals for another ten years.
- "The time that we spent with Samaritan's Purse was just absolutely essential for our longevity in missions," said Dr. Daniel Galat, a 2008-2010 Post-Residency Program alumnus. "We had a group that prayed for us for the years we were overseas and this was so critical to God's moving and working."
- In the coming year, Dr. Daniel and Bethany Shields are going to Nepal to practice family medicine. Tune in to "From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals" to hear how they were called to medical missions.
In this episode of On the Ground with Samaritan’s Purse, Kristy Graham dives deeper into the Post-Residency Program through World Medical Mission. This fully funded two-year program is for Christian physicians who have been called to a career in medical missions.
Continue reading “From Nepal to Togo: Doctors Prepare for Remote Mission Hospitals”